Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replying post disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi EM,
You may recall I had this problem a little while ago.

I type in a reply, click Submit and I get a warning my Post is too short.
The text has disappeared, so I retype the reply and post it.

It looks OK, but if I try to Edit it, I get back my first post, so I Edit that one, and Submit it.
But the screen then shows my second post.???

It appears to be a loop.?

This problem only happens occasionally .

EDIT:
Mon 06/06/11, the looping of Edited posts is still happening.

Last edited:
Recently, two posts of mine disappeared when I looked in their threads the day after.

One of them only passed through the "too short" warning process.

Not actually your problem but (maybe?) related.

Last edited:
For me if I try to edit any one of my posts, I can not go for Advanced mode, even though the button is active and press able, so that I'm not able to change/add any attachment.

hi EM,
You may recall I had this problem a little while ago.

I type in a reply, click Submit and I get a warning my Post is too short.
The text has disappeared, so I retype the reply and post it.

It looks OK, but if I try to Edit it, I get back my first post, so I Edit that one, and Submit it.
But the screen then shows my second post.???

It appears to be a loop.?

This problem only happens occasionally .

EDIT:
Mon 06/06/11, the looping of Edited posts is still happening.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this either. I have definitely have not experienced the Post is too short error. I also use FF 4.0.1 on Win 7

For me if I try to edit any one of my posts, I can not go for Advanced mode, even though the button is active and press able, so that I'm not able to change/add any attachment.

This is a known issue and I'm working on it, unfortunately the cause has not been found yet.

Regards,
EM

I don't see it in 4.01.

I do, occaisionally, do SOMETHING that causes the text to dissapear in Firefox but it's while typing.

I've tried this today and it works fine for me.

Thanks to EM.

I just had a post too short message when I used my mobile. What I noticed was my post was entirely enclosed in QUOTE tags which, of course, makes your message length zero which means the problem may be between the chair and the computer.

Last edited:
Today I got same observation. I use Fire Fox 4.0.1 under win-XP .
I tried to type "nice" and upload the message. a copy of screen can be seen attached

Attachments

• too short message.PNG
    too short message.PNG
    167.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back