Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing PreAmp Stage of Two Transistor FM Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

Hello Everyone,
I'm was wondering if the preamp stage of a two transistor fm transmitter is needed if your output is a iPod, iPhone, MP3 player, ect? The schematic I am going by:

**broken link removed**

The reason I want to replace it, is because I don't have all the wired resistor/capacitor values and so on. If you took away the PreAmp would quality suffer? I'm not much concerned about range also.

Today I posted about this lousy circuit on another website.

The circuit is crap because the 0.22uF capacitor C3 cuts all high audio frequencies instead of boosting them to make pre-emphasis like all FM radio stations have. The de-emphasis (treble frequencies cut) in all FM radios will cause the reduction of high audio frequencies to be twice as bad. C3 should be 470pf and the circuit should have pre-emphasis.

The circuit is also crap because it does not have a voltage regulator, then its radio frequency changes as the battery voltage runs down.

The circuit is also crap because the antenna connects directly to its tuned circuit. Then its RF frequency changes if something moves toward or moves away from its antenna.

The circuit is also crap because it is mono instead of stereo.

You can feed it a line level mono signal if you remove Q1 and all the parts that are connected to it and change R4 to 10k ohms. Then add an input coupling capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back