Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing magnetron in microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

sender jones

My microwave is not heating, find a replacement magnetron but there is a scratch on the insulator of the emitting end. I read that some of these insulator may contain toxic beryllium which is safe when inside ceramic but dangerous when cracked. I wonder if modern domestic microwave ovens still use Beryllium or not (search Panasonic's sustainability site and they claimed that their product didn't use Beryllium except spring alloy), and whether such scratch does matter or not.
https://flic.kr/p/rtYV6p

That looks more like a cracked insulator, rather than a scratch to me. I would not use it. Obtain a replacement, they are not expensive :)
Most oven Magnetrons still use Beryllium oxide coatings, so don't go licking them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back