Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacent part help for pulsar garage remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaker

I have a pulsar type remote control for my garage door. It has nine dip switches with 3 positions. It uses a Motorola mc145026p (d8325) and a transistor marked 322 Mps H11. Just next to the transistor is a variable capacitor (I believe that is what it is) that I have to replace. The problem is that there are no markings on it. Would anyone know what the replacement number for that variable part would be. Any help would be appreciated. I have 3 remotes all with the same problem. It seems that after many years that same part wears out.

Thanks in advance.
Left in the rain, can't open my door.

Marty

I would think that the trimmer capacitor is getting contaminated ( especilly in the rain :D ) and losing its set value. The circuit board itself plays a role in the design of the transmitter also, so any contamination on it won't help.

Often these small trimmer caps are color coded by family group and the value range can be determined this way. One maker who does this is Murata. Have a look on their selector guide to see if you can spot your device.

**broken link removed** ( about 800K )

You will still have to adjust the trimmer to get the remote working, but you may get lucky. It is going to be fiddly to adjust, but may be worth a try.

you can get a new door opener and just put the dip switches in the same positions as the original remote and itll work the same. im sure that you already knew that, but just wanted 2 make sure :lol:

Thanks for the info. But from the looks of the Murata pdf file it seems mine is not made by Murata so identifying the piece is going to be tough. If only the makers of Pulsar would divulge that info.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back