Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement part # for a telequipment S54A

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfa88

Don't laugh, I got this scope for cheap but it has a few bad transistors. I have cross referenced all but one of the baddies. The parts list says it is a Motorola SPS5286 and I have the numbers 1-119 /103 on the ones that are listed as SPS5286 . I'm hoping someone out there has an old cross reference book out there that might have one of these numbers in it.

Last edited:
My Motorola books go back to 1980 or so, and I didn't find it. Can you be more specific? Is it power, or TO-93, and what frequency range? Do you have an approximate manufacture date?

Do you have a schematic (or partial?).

A lot of the parts have 1969 on them. I found the schematics through a google search and confirmed that the parts are from the sweep circuit. The scope is a 10mhz model. I put in some general purpose guys just to see if it would light up. It did a little but still no sweep. The good news is that it didn't go up in smoke. The bad news is I found a bunch more bad parts. I managed to kind of cross reference but I'm not a 100% sure . I'll post the results.

Hooray for me. I got the scope to light up and now sweep. The trigger sucks but hopefully when I finalize this thing it will get better. A couple more original transistors opened up so I swapped them with some cheapo GPs and they are holding out for now. Parts replaced: 100v zener- ECG 5050, AAY30 germanium diode-NTE 109, Mullard BFW1052- NTE312, Motorola SPS2506- NTE 108(this one opened up during troubleshooting and gp transistor is holding for now), SPS5286/2N1990- NTE128.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back