Replacement part # for a telequipment S54A

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfa88

Don't laugh, I got this scope for cheap but it has a few bad transistors. I have cross referenced all but one of the baddies. The parts list says it is a Motorola SPS5286 and I have the numbers 1-119 /103 on the ones that are listed as SPS5286 . I'm hoping someone out there has an old cross reference book out there that might have one of these numbers in it.

Last edited:
My Motorola books go back to 1980 or so, and I didn't find it. Can you be more specific? Is it power, or TO-93, and what frequency range? Do you have an approximate manufacture date?

Do you have a schematic (or partial?).

A lot of the parts have 1969 on them. I found the schematics through a google search and confirmed that the parts are from the sweep circuit. The scope is a 10mhz model. I put in some general purpose guys just to see if it would light up. It did a little but still no sweep. The good news is that it didn't go up in smoke. The bad news is I found a bunch more bad parts. I managed to kind of cross reference but I'm not a 100% sure . I'll post the results.

Hooray for me. I got the scope to light up and now sweep. The trigger sucks but hopefully when I finalize this thing it will get better. A couple more original transistors opened up so I swapped them with some cheapo GPs and they are holding out for now. Parts replaced: 100v zener- ECG 5050, AAY30 germanium diode-NTE 109, Mullard BFW1052- NTE312, Motorola SPS2506- NTE 108(this one opened up during troubleshooting and gp transistor is holding for now), SPS5286/2N1990- NTE128.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…