Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

replacement of PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogesh5

i am doing project in which i am using PIC16F84A for serial communication in the application of controlling appliances through SMS.does anyone suggest any better version of PIC for the same purpose?

yogesh5 said:
i am doing project in which i am using PIC16F84A for serial communication in the application of controlling appliances through SMS.does anyone suggest any better version of PIC for the same purpose?

The 16F84A was replaced last century by the 16F628, which in turn has been replaced by the 16F628A - the 628's have a hardware USART which will make your serial comms easier, and they are cheaper than an 84 as well.

There are a great many suitable PIC's you could use, it really depends on what features you require - however, the 84 isn't one you should be looking at (unless you've got an old box full of them?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back