Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement for Sharp GP1U581Y IR Receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

Lynxmotion still has these, but it looks like no electronics suppliers stock them anymore. Is there a pin-compatible replacement for it? I have a dev board that has a spot for a GP1U581Y but if there's a more current device that can pop in place for it I'd prefer that as I want to use the same part in a future project. Thanks!

What's the pinout? I use Vishay IR detectors but the pinouts vary.

Edit looks like one of the 38KHz TSOP might work like I use on the Junebug kits. Different case though.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it does not; I'm fairly handy with board rework so I can strap an 0805 or 1206 cap across the supply lines right at the pins, but the 5V trace is underneath a soldermask, runs under some other components, etc. Hacking a resistor in there might be difficult, more damage than I want to do to the board. Maybe I could cut the Vin pin short on the device, leave the other two leads standard length, and solder a 100R resistor to the short Vin pin? Meh. I hate having to hack nice boards.

Anyway, is the RC really necessary?

Last edited:
Nevermind, I just ordered the old Sharp part. I'll use the Vishay modules when I build my own board. I figure they will be very similar as far as using them anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back