Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement for Jamicon LP 200V 680uF capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rn170

Hi All,

I have a broken subwoofer and it has a bulging capacitor which I think is the cause of the problem.
It's a Jamicon [LP] 85C 200V 680uF 905K0(M) snap-in

How critical is it that I replace with an LP one? I can't find LP ones on their own datasheet now.

Mine is 30mm D by 37mm H. Is it critical that I find one the same dimension?

I found these : https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/passive-...00v&range=inc-in-stock|exc-delivery-surcharge
but would any of them be unsuitable?

Thanks in advance

LP means low profile? Sorry I don't have the datasheet.

Electro caps, specially the larger ones, are usually the tallest components on any board. As such, for space constrained applications, manufacturers will offer shorter versions.

In my limited experience, because these shorter caps have a smaller surface area to dissipate heat, they usually carry a lower ripple current rating than its standard sized counterparts.

In any case, as long as the space allows, you can usually replace identically rated caps (85C 200V 680uF ) with bulkier devices.

But to be 100% sure, you would have to compare the ripple current ratings of both.

is it in the power supply of the sub amp?.. if so it might have a height restriction to fit on the circuit board without coming in contact with the speaker frame or magnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back