Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

replacement diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i use 1N4001 Diode instead of 1N457 Diode because i dont have it in egypt ?
The 1N457 is a small signal diode..

Depends on the circuit and how it's being used. In most cases, yes it might be fine, in a few cases maybe not as well. Can you tell us what it's being used in or better yet a circuit diagram?

Lefty

Just compare the datasheet and think about what you are using it for. The big difference between the two is current handling capability. So look at your circuit, is it enough?

Well , i will make this circuit , its a battery charger
Car Battery Charger

Thanks for the replies.

Would you please explain the circuit also ? i really wanna understand it
is this op-amp used as a compartor or what ?

Last edited:
Well , i will make this circuit , its a battery charger
Car Battery Charger

Thanks for the replies.

Would you please explain the circuit also ? i really wanna understand it
is this op-amp used as a compartor or what ?

A 1N4001 should work fine in that circuit. The op amp is configured as a current sensing switch as explained at the top of the diagram. Looks like a pretty good circuit.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back