Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replace a Bulb by Light Leds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT1BWW

Dear Friends,
My YAESU G400RC Rotator Comand as a fault on light panel in 14 Volts incandescent Bulb. (those bulbs are very hard to find !)
I'm thinking to replace by two (2) WhiteLight Leds with 1n4001 Diode and a 1KOhm resistor.
Anyone can tell me if im doing proper, or any other suggestion.
Thanks for reading

If powering the LEDs from DC, why do you need the 1n4001?

I have replaced the grain-o-wheat bulbs in my radios with LEDs. One problem is that the lamps are omnidirectional, while LEDs don't put the light where you want it...

Model railroad enthusiasts always know where to get 12V grain-o-wheat bulbs.

Last edited:
I didn't explain well the 14Volts are AC directly from transformer.

If the original bulbs have 14V across them, then it is understandable why they burn out. If replacing them, put a resistor in series with them to drop the voltage to ~11v.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for prompt answer.
Those incandescent Bulbs are very hard to found. That's why I think do it ~AC ,IN4001+,1K Ohm,+LED1,+LED2,AC~
Thanks for your attention

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back