Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeating timer help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yusuf, as I told you in my reply to your PM, you need to provide us with much more information.

We cannot read your mind.

We are not philosopher-geniuses who can respond to every vague request with an instant, working schematic diagram.

You need to tell us what you want the timer to do. Give us as many details as possible.

Hello carbonzit... ok..

I want a accurate timer which can switch the led at regular interval.
for eg : If I set the timer at 2pm then it should glow the led at exactly 2pm and stay for 2 hours... and after 2 hour it should automatically switch off the led and this should repeat everyday....

and we can also vary the time when needed and it should give 2 hour delay..

kindly acknowledge :
yusuf ..

kindly acknowledge :
yusuf

Last edited:
This is very difficult, because it's hard to get useful information out of you.

Here's what I got so far. Tell me if this is correct:
  • All you're controlling is a LED
  • You want to be able to set the time the LED turns on each day
  • When the LED turns on, you want it to stay on for 2 hours, then turn off

Fine. If this is correct, then please supply this missing information:
  • How do you want to set the time on the timer?
  • How do you want to display the time on the timer? (Kind of hard to set the time if you can't see it!)
  • What power source? Batteries? Wall wart? Built-in line operated power supply?

Further questions:-
What time resolution/accuracy is necessary (microseconds, seconds, minutes....) for both the time of day and the LED 'on' time?
What is this "2 hour delay" you've just introduced? When does it start? Is it just another way of referring to the LED 'on' duration?

here is a digital alarm clcok & a digital timer

see the attached pages, its all about a digital alarm clock and a timer, combining both you can make what you need. as every one suggested not easy to assemble, since you have the interest you can invest your time on this..

Attachments

• clock-1.jpg
    clock-1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 117
  • clock-2.jpg
    clock-2.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 119
  • clock-3.jpg
    clock-3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 121
  • timer-1.jpg
    timer-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 171
  • timer-2.jpg
    timer-2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 116
Further questions:-
What time resolution/accuracy is necessary (microseconds, seconds, minutes....) for both the time of day and the LED 'on' time?
What is this "2 hour delay" you've just introduced? When does it start? Is it just another way of referring to the LED 'on' duration?

Now I think you're overloading the questions just a little bit.

From what I've read, I think it's safe to ASS-U-ME that ordinary household clock accuracy is plenty good enough here (for both the on and delay times).

The 2-hour delay is just that: from the instant the LED is turned on, it will be turned off 2 hours later (to the accuracy stated above).

The O.P. can confirm or deny this.

Now I have no clue where yusuf is located but everyday programmable timers in many flavors like these are available I would think globally. I can't build one for what I can buy one for. They are all easily hacked for your construction (or destruction) pleasure. I see timers out there for $11 USD that I can't begin to build for that price.

Just My Take
Ron

Now I have no clue where yusuf is located but everyday programmable timers in many flavors like these are available I would think globally. I can't build one for what I can buy one for. They are all easily hacked for your construction (or destruction) pleasure. I see timers out there for $11 USD that I can't begin to build for that price.

Your advice is sound, and has been offered to the O.P. more than once in these threads. For whatever reason, they seem to ignore/reject it.

Your advice is sound, and has been offered to the O.P. more than once in these threads. For whatever reason, they seem to ignore/reject it.

Yeah, I know. Eric in post #6 suggested using a uA2240C and for reasons I don't understand that suggestion was ignored. Oh well, I guess a bowl of ice cream is in order. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back