Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeating timer help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello guys,
Friend I want to make a timer circuit as follows :
I want a 24 hrs timer in which there are 1:00 to 12:00 setting hours as same in clock.
For example : If i want to set the timer at 2:00 pm then it will turn off the led after two hours.
next eg: If i set the timer at 6:00 pm then it will turn off the led at 8:00pm.Means in every time set it will work till 2 hours after that it will turn off with the led.. and it turn on and off the led all days at which the time is set...

thanks in advance.............

To clarify: what you want is a timer which turns on a LED at a settable time each day and turns it off 2 hrs later?
A microcontroller with a built-in real-time clock is probably the best solution.

hello alec....... please give any best circuit diagram which tackles this project..........

If you go the microcontroller (uC) route you will need at least a display of some sort, keypad, uC, crystal, battery holder, enclosure and ancillary components (resistors, capacitors) depending on the chosen uC. Do you have uC programming skills and equipment? The circuit diagram would clearly depend on the choice of uC and display.
Another option might be to use a digital alarm clock to trigger a 2hr timer made using a 555 chip and driving the LED (if the 2hr period isn't critical).

Friend.............. thanks for replying me and i dont want any programming micro controller circuiti want some good circuit which can do my work as i needed......
please dont give programming micro controller circuit....

kindly acknowledge :
yusuf jameel

Friend.............. thanks for replying me and i dont want any programming micro controller circuiti want some good circuit which can do my work as i needed......
please dont give programming micro controller circuit....

kindly acknowledge :
yusuf jameel

hi,
Are you able to buy a UA2240 IC.???

Look at this datasheet.

Attachments

• UA2240cn[1].pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 246
since you not interested in uC project, stll you can work with counters to get the job done, or rather than making a complete clock you can use an existing clock to give you a pulse every one hr, then the rest you have to make using logic to start & stop your system at the certain setting time. if you can think of using existing clock then i can help you to tell how to make settings using logic ICs.

hello mbarazeen yaa you are exactly right I want the same as you have post... I have a analogue timer clock and it's sounds when the intervals comes... it's sound for 20 second and turns off automatically and repeats every day at same time...
And i hope as you are saying will work properly so please kindly help.... ?

thanks in advance...
yusuf

if you wanna use the same analog clock, then what you need is a delay timer to give you 2hr delay. you have to get the out put when your alarm sounds, and trigger the timer to give the delay. you can use 555 timer, some one can post you the correct circuit for 555 for 2hr delay.

You have been offered suggestions already. What other help are you looking for?

Accurate timer help....

Hello friends....

I want a 24 hr accurate timer circuit diagram which can work reliably accurately for years without any problem....

actually I want to turn on and off the appliance at regular intervals...

for eg :
I want the timer to start at 2pm and after 2 hour the timer will automatically turn off and again at evening 4pm it will start and it will turn off after 2 hour.. This process will keep on repeating everyday...

Please provide a good circuit diagram guys....

thanks in advance...

A domestic time-switch (for central heating, security lighting etc) can do that.

A diagram for which one of the above suggestions?

Yusuf, are you expecting different answers than you received in this other thread you started? While it is nice to build things sometimes it isn't practical. You can buy off the shelf timer solutions cheaper than you can design and build them.

Ron

A diagram for which one of the above suggestions?

If I read this thread correctly, I think the O.P. wants a timer circuit that will turn something on at a settable time, then turn it off two hours later (fixed "on" period). They don't want to use a microcontroller.

I'm sure this is do-able, if this is what they want. However, there are still several unanswered questions. Uppermost on my list is this: just how do you set the "on" time for the damn thing if you have no microprocessor? do they want a display of the time (current or set times)? (LCD/LED). User interface (buttons, etc.)?

Wanted: schematic for accurate 2hr timer...

Friend I want a circuit diagram for accurate 2hr timer...

thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back