Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing w00fer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I have a woofer, that's connected to my comp system. It's inturn connected to speakers. The wires and connecting cords are proper; but neither woofer nor speakers are working. I know i can buy a new one, but i want to know what the problem would be.

Just like to know whether Electronics Alliances have restricted life?

From what you are saying, it sounds like the woofer box has an amp for every channel built in - not just the speaker. Have you checked the fuses? Next, have you opened the woofer and looked for damage/more fuses?

Andrew

@Birdman Adam
everything else is good; i've tried it other system

@cowana
i cannot see any fuse in the woofer box.
Do these systems have limited life? How to check whether the system(speakers inside it) is properly working?

I have a woofer, that's connected to my comp system. It's inturn connected to speakers. The wires and connecting cords are proper; but neither woofer nor speakers are working. I know i can buy a new one, but i want to know what the problem would be.

Just like to know whether Electronics Alliances have restricted life?

If I read this correctly there is no sound as in neither left, right or the woofer have an output correct? Now if that is true and you have a known good input from the PC have you checked the power supply? These units either have a small to large wall wart to supply power or a built in power supply powered by mains to power the amplifier. I would start by checking the power supply.

Ron

But not when it is connected to the amplifier circuit - you don't want to put voltage back into that.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back