Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing Transmission Control Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fida12

I want to repair my tcm whose mosfet/transistor burn out due to wrong wiring. The marking code on transistor is ZX its of sot89 package and N type. It operate the relay and also give power to eeprom tle4268g.please help in locating this item,,

Attachments

• IMG_2643.JPG
    IMG_2643.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 851
  • IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 810
  • IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 701
Last edited:
Hi. Resolution of your image is too poor to get anything out of it.

It's just like using your cheap digital camera, take a shot of the clear night sky where you live, post it and asking if somebody can find a earth-like planet from the image.

Rather than using a cheap mobile camera, you should get acess to a flatbed scanner, and then scan both sides. Resolutions should be at least 300dpi.

Last edited:
I have attached the high resolution picture the transistor I am looking is marked as TR11 and TR14, TR14 give drive to relay and and eeprom. The eeprom part number is siemen tle 4268G and processor part number MB90P673. TR11 and TR 14 both are of same type.

Attachments

• atmcard.jpg
    atmcard.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 810
Hi.

It looks like the pins on the right side of the adapter is burnt.

There is some problems to overcome:
  • The printboard have possible two or more print layers. This makes it nearly impossible to track the paths and determine wich component that is mos likely burned.
  • You don't know for sure wich pins that was connected wrong.
  • Some component has a physically size that is far wider than the paths, wich make it impossible to track without removing those components fairly.
  • More than one component may have fried. I bet the you have to remove several components and test them independently of each other. Be aware that caps and transistors may seem workin under test condition.

Actually sir during repair of Transmission the Auto Mechanic connected the wiring of soleniod wires inside transmission wrongly, so when the wagon was started the relay started doing on/off after we correct the wiring we found TR14 open or short. As TR11 and TR 14 are same, I removed the TR11 and place it at TR14. The relay works fine and wagon goes to 1st gear smoothly without jerk when lever put to D and als the Lever at position L to work fine. Later I pulled the TR and give to my friend to get the equivalent or same from market which he lost. Hence the Card is Ok only we need to have TR11 and 14 I tried Mosfet 2sk2178 but when I place it at TR14 place it do relay on/off. Hence as all the board is working on 5V I thought 4.5v gate drive mosfet . Yesterday I also tried IRF380 with jumper wires but it also make the relay on/off . I need part number of mosfet which only operate on 4.5V gate drive with Rds 1.0 or 1.3 and Id 1 to 2 amps.

Suzuki vehicles which have TCU part number starting from 38880- have approximately same cicuitry. The part number of this particular TCU is 38880-65H0,

Following have same type of transmission control module Subaru 38880-75F60
WagonR K10A 38880-75FA6
Suzuki Jimny SN413 38880-76JC2
Suzuki Jimny JB23W

If Mosfets dont work Id try a transistor, also there is a poor joint on P53.

After going through card again I found that TR11 and 14 emitter is common and grounded, TR11 Collector is conected to IGI pin 12V cct through D13 back of the card and TR 14 collector is conected to relay. While searching web I found ZXTN25012zta as a 12V NPN high gain transistor in Sot89. It has high hfe. Iam thinking of getting this trasistor if available in market. I wanted to know if there is some other transistor of same specification from different manufucturers.

Attachments

• zxtn25012ezta.pdf
    400.4 KB · Views: 433
At the bottom of page one of that data sheet it says its device marking for that transistor is 1K7 and you said the original was maked ZX.

I would doubt that they are the same animal.

Yes Sir, I know its very hard to find out the ZX marking I am searching the web from months but could not be able to locate the same.

I had measured the voltages at TR11 its 12V on each point with reference to positive probe of meter in center and at TR14 its 8.6V at the IC side and 12 at the relay side. Any idea about this how its working.

Ah atlast I found the garbage put on by the manufacturer. It was normal NPN transistor, I used E13007A big transistor instead of smd. As I did some wiring, there is wiring puzzle. I have to use the transistor upside down and connect the pin 1 / emitter toward IC input and Pin 2/Collector to ground and Pin3/base in center. It was a collector ground cct. I got out put soleniod 1 on other hand as 12V and relay works. Gr8 I will post the wiring of this after having its picture. Now I request you guys any one have idea to get such smd in sot89 which is 12V npn planner transistor and whose emitter on left hand and collector on right hand and base in center. If anyone know please post the part number /device number. I will be grateful regards,

Please friends let me know If there is any smd sot 89 transistor npn expitaxial planner with pins when placed flat left emitter, center base and collector on right.
post me the part number of such smd.. regards,

Mosfet 2SK2615 MARK ZA from Toshiba,

Please friends let me know the replacement of 2sk2615 with suitable alternate mosfet as this is not available in our market.

regards,

Attachments

• 2SK2615-ZA.pdf
    240.1 KB · Views: 396
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back