Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

repairing speaker balance on a JVC A-X2 stereo integrated amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need4skis

hey everyone, i have an old JVC A-X2 stereo integrated amplifier, recently the speaker balance hasn't been working, either the left or the right on the speaker balance inst playing correctly and will not adjust, so i looked at the speaker connectors and their isn't anything wrong their, so i'm thinking its the potentiometer, if anyone has any other ideas, i'd be glad to hear them, but anyways, i was hoping i could get some help identifying this potentiometer, the markings on the potentiometer read:

QVD7 A2M-1F5V
052D 250KΩ M - N

you can see pictures here: https://s789.photobucket.com/albums...t400ex/?action=view&current=stereoamp008.jpg&

Last edited:
You can unmount potentiometer and measure omhs value, if there are well probably some transistor are open.

Hi - I would try to unsolder the potentiometer as well and measure if ohmic values changes gradually while sliding/rotating the potentiometer. If the ohmic values suddenly changes it may not work.

I would say that it's a 250 kiloohm potentiometer probably a logaritmic version. At least to me repairing beyond that would be challenging without a schematic ...

Best regards,

Jesper

Hi again,

A suggestion may be to also look for bad connections and - shortly - try to resolder (with only a little new solder) some of the soldering that look dim or "loose". I probably would unsolder the potentiometer and do other check-ups before ordering a potentiometer. The potentiometer may work ...

Best regards,

Jesper

A balance control is linear, not logarithmic. A volume control is logarithmic.

okay, i was doing some reading and comparing and i have figured that this is probably a "dual-gang" potentiometer. (correct me if kim wrong) right now i dont have my multimeter so i cant test it. so what i think i need is a 250 kilo ohm dual gang linear potentiometer. is this about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back