Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing PSU components in Technics SB-AS500 ACTIVE SUB Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbonse

Hi all

I am fairly new to repairing electronics am was hapy to find this forum.

I hope I can be helped!

The power supply in my active sub has blown as my son flicked the red switch from 220v down to 110v whilst switched on!

The glass fuse has blown which is easy to source and replace, however there is a 3 leg IC blown to bits and can only work out parts of the markings on it. I am uncertain where to get a replacement.

The markings are as follows:

TOP227
81877B
PHIL

I have performed a search on '81877b TOP227' but nothing comes up except for just 'TOP227' on its own.

Can I simply replace this IC with any 'TOP227' IC?

Looking forward to your input!

Many thanks

Last edited:
The TOP227 is a 150Watt PWM switch, just replace it BUT check other components around it for damage or shorts or you will take out the new one.

Hope the PDF file is usable. What you have is a TOP227Y, the Y is a TO220 3term device & this is what you need.

Attachments

• TOP221_227 PWM switch.pdf
    175.6 KB · Views: 377
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back