Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

repairing grundig tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for schematics for gdp-002, 94v, cem1. This is the smps for the tv.

can anyone help.

Thanks Derek

How old are the sets? (they don't look like Grundig models - so are presumably fairly new?).

You need to be aware that Grundig went bust a number of years ago, any LCD TV's post-date Grundigs existence.

The rights to the name belong to Beko, so presumably these are actually Beko sets? - although you don't have your location filled in, so different parts of the world may badge different cheap sets as Grundig.

Thanks Nigel for replying.
Not sure how old the set is, but it is labelled Grundig - Lenaro. I live in northern Ireland.
The other boards are labelled BEKO, but the only marking on the psu board is gdp-002, 94v, cem1 - strange, I don't think the psu board was manufactured by BEKO.
I have a copy of the service manual which contains the schematics etc. but the schematic for the psu board is incorrect as it is labelled BEKO Z1J194-11 and as I say I have removed the board and it does not correspond with the schematic.

Still looking for a schematic for the psu.

Regards, Derek

Thanks Nigel for replying.
Not sure how old the set is, but it is labelled Grundig - Lenaro. I live in northern Ireland.
The other boards are labelled BEKO, but the only marking on the psu board is gdp-002, 94v, cem1 - strange, I don't think the psu board was manufactured by BEKO.
I have a copy of the service manual which contains the schematics etc. but the schematic for the psu board is incorrect as it is labelled BEKO Z1J194-11 and as I say I have removed the board and it does not correspond with the schematic.

Still looking for a schematic for the psu.

Regards, Derek

It's common practice for manufacturers to 'buy in' PSU boards, so it's quite likely there is no schematic available - in fact most modern service manuals no longer give any schematics at all, it's just a case of replacing boards (while you can get them).

sheldons, please find attached pics and schematic of psu.

I still need 2 schematics :

1. Beko Electronik - L9 PSU adaptor board RX9, 194R-2

2. Beko Electonik - L9, main board RX9, 190R-3

Regards, Derek

Attachments

• mainboard.JPG
    mainboard.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,285
  • smps.JPG
    smps.JPG
    902.3 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 27WL46_L6B_power.pdf
    625 KB · Views: 746
i take it its an lcd .......what is the problem with it...Charles Hyde actually do a psu repair kit which cures quite a number of faults....heres the link
**broken link removed**

derick007,

What were the syptoms before you tore it down?

Anything? Power light? Response to remote (as in In or Off). Sound?

Or just totally dead.

sheldons and cowboybob,
There was no picture nor sound. Could not change channel, but the menu system worked both with the remote and controls on the tv.

Now I have the schematic for the smps I can test it - I suspect it is ok. But I really need the schematics for the other 2 boards to test them. This is important because it is my first (lcd) tv I have tried to fix and would like to learn from it.

Cannot believe schematics are proving so difficult to find !!!!!

Regards, Derek

Main board reciever probs make this a "good luck" repair issue.

Very brave of you to attempt the repair, even with the benefit of schematics.

But I applaud your determination :cool:.

A common fault on the cheap makes (like this one) is EEPROM corruption, 'sometimes' you can force it to reload the default values by shorting the data line to ground, or reload the EEPROM with data from a good one, or replace the EEPROM with a new pre-programmed one (obtained as a spare part).

I know Atmel had a run of bad EEPROM's a few years ago. Specifically 24C08.
We are still weeding sets out (CRT) where those specific EEPROM's have failed.

Symptom and most common fault is the set will not come out of standby even though all supply Voltages are correct.
But EEPROM's can do all other crazy things to a set too if they become corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back