Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing a sound card, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

Hy!

I have come to the dead end with one electronic element, i dont know what kind of element is it. It could be a resistor of some sort, but it has 3 legs. I had a short circuit and this elements broke. My sound card is digidesign mbox2. Here is picture of this elements. Marked by FB. I tried stores, forums but noone knows what this is.

**broken link removed**

FB

this is a ferrite beads or just a choke. A piece of wire with two beads and perhaps a .01 capacitor. In line RF filter.

Last edited:
yes it's a "T" filter. it's a noise filter with two ferrite beads, and a cap to ground in the middle. if you don't mind slightly reduced noise performance, you can remove it and jumper leg 1 to leg 3. are you sure it's bad? it's not likely it's open between the ends, , so the only failure left is for the cap to be shorted

[edit...] oh i see, you have two of them missing on the USB port... just jumper pin 1 to pin 3 and avoid pin 2... you could put a ferrite bead on the jumper if you think it's needed. if the usb port is slow or errors out, you could go with two ferrite beads and a 0.01uf cap to pin 2 from the middle between the ferrite beads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back