Repairing a sound card, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

Hy!

I have come to the dead end with one electronic element, i dont know what kind of element is it. It could be a resistor of some sort, but it has 3 legs. I had a short circuit and this elements broke. My sound card is digidesign mbox2. Here is picture of this elements. Marked by FB. I tried stores, forums but noone knows what this is.

**broken link removed**

FB

this is a ferrite beads or just a choke. A piece of wire with two beads and perhaps a .01 capacitor. In line RF filter.

Last edited:
yes it's a "T" filter. it's a noise filter with two ferrite beads, and a cap to ground in the middle. if you don't mind slightly reduced noise performance, you can remove it and jumper leg 1 to leg 3. are you sure it's bad? it's not likely it's open between the ends, , so the only failure left is for the cap to be shorted

[edit...] oh i see, you have two of them missing on the USB port... just jumper pin 1 to pin 3 and avoid pin 2... you could put a ferrite bead on the jumper if you think it's needed. if the usb port is slow or errors out, you could go with two ferrite beads and a 0.01uf cap to pin 2 from the middle between the ferrite beads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…