Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

repair power dc on motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

horloge.2012

Hi
i have MSI GX720 1722 laptop ok the motherboard works fine on battery the problem is the pins on the
motherboard are messed up i lost all traces of them this laptop has dc power jack (5 pins which is brooken)
i ve removed the faulty connector ,and i bought a new one but the problem the pins holes on the motherboard are lost so ther is no way to reconnect the new dc power jack.
i will attach a picture of the dc power on the motherboard ,and a shematic of the motherboard.sorry for the quality of a picture.

thanks for help

Attachments

• PICTURE.png
    PICTURE.png
    792.4 KB · Views: 329
  • schematic.png
    schematic.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 313
Why did you post this twice?

The good news is that only two connections appear necessary; ground (outer sleeve) and centre pin. Providing you can physically anchor the jack to the board (epoxy, bracket,....?) it should be possible to run wires from the jack terminals to suitable points on the board.

If the original jack was fixed to the board only by pins which are now damaged or missing you will have to find some other way of fixing it. Options include epoxy resin, or a hand-made bracket or clamp.

yeah the original dc power jack connector is brooken ,and the center pin on the motherbord is lost.
if you look at the schematic the pin 1 (which is + positive) from dc power jack goes to PL1 and the negative(ground)goes to any groun terminal on motherboard. my question is it possible to connect the (positive+ which comes from power supply to the PL1 ,and the ground which comes from power supply
to the ground pin on the motherboard what do you think thanks

i want to connect directely from the power supply to the motherboard avoiding the 5 pins holes
what are the points on the motherboard should be used (see shematic)
cheers.

what are the points on the motherboard should be used?
You've already identified them....
pin 1 (which is + positive) from dc power jack goes to PL1 and the negative(ground)goes to any groun terminal on motherboard

So you think that ther is no risk when connecting directely + from power supply to PL1 and ground from power supply to GND terminal on the motherbord tell me what i do

So you think that ther is no risk
I didn't say that. There is always risk when repairing things, e.g. from static electricity discharge damage, overheating components,.....
tell me what i do
I won't give step by step instructions because I don't know the state of the motherboard or your skill level. But if you can't work out the steps for yourself do you think you should really be attempting this repair?

i know electronic repair are risky anyway.i was thinking about the schematic thats why the idea of connecting the + positive from power supply to PL1 (point).

Why did you post this twice?

Hi Matt

You sound cross :rolleyes: You OK ??

Well, did Surface Mount little Resistors and LED's today. No machines. I am the machine. Poor eyesight and all. Amazing results :D

Secret is..as crazy as it sounds...is you need very poor eyesight to assemble little guys like this accurately.....because your nose is so close to the PCB.

Checked today with my friend who has normal vision....she cannot see what and how I align things....Now lol..that is why I find dry joints so easily on sets that others miss.

All the best,
tvtech

Hi Matt

You sound cross :rolleyes: You OK ??

Well, did Surface Mount little Resistors and LED's today. No machines. I am the machine. Poor eyesight and all. Amazing results :D

Secret is..as crazy as it sounds...is you need very poor eyesight to assemble little guys like this accurately.....because your nose is so close to the PCB.

Checked today with my friend who has normal vision....she cannot see what and how I align things....Now lol..that is why I find dry joints so easily on sets that others miss.

All the best,
tvtech

Hi tvtech. Not cross at all, just asking why the OP created a duplicate thread. It happens from time to time, and it's a simple question out of curiosity, and partially to point out to the OP that they created two threads. Sometimes it happens by accident, so it's a good way to make sure they know what's going on. It also tells us which thread we should look at, assuming one has more info than the other.

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back