Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repair help regards wall ac adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uziel

Hello Friends, I am trying to repair a Panasonic Wall ac adapter (6V, 500ma) smps based, I checked with multimeter no output, checked and internal fuse with continuity and all okay, I am attaching pics, im novice so donno what else may be wrong in it, front and back image of pcb with components is attached, at the back there seems to be 2 black spots on some kind of resistance if I can identify properly. Can you all please help me what all I can check and how??

Attachments

• wart1.JPG
    wart1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 260
  • wart2.JPG
    wart2.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 261
Welcome to ETO.
As said on the other forum, it's not worth tying to fix.
For safety's sake, buy a new one (they're cheap enough).

I agree with Alec actually, but cap C1 looks so obviously blown.

Yes, the capacitor is 100% absolutely faulty - and replacing it will most likely cure the problem. I've repaired numerous supplies in that way, it's a VERY, VERY common fault.

As for replacing rather than repairing, you're often better with the original PSU with the proper connector, rather than a Universal one and adaptors to make it fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back