Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

repair a nebulizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamalifard

hi
for repair a nebulizer how i can understand pizo crystal is not damaged without using a osciloscop
in a better experision i am looking for a metod to repair nebulizer or similar electronic plant

whit best regard

You can't test the crystal without an o'scope, really.

As you porbably know, the crystal is the vibrating element that "nebulizes" the water into the mist the device emits. Ordinarily, for this use, a crystal will make an audible sound that you can hear. It may be faint, but you should be able to hear it. Also, of course, the liquid (water, I assume) should be vibrating furiously.

To replace the crystal, consider using the guts of a simple, miniature speaker (found in all kinds of electronic devices) which often use piezo elements as the device making the sound you hear. Their frequency range is within the area often used in nebulizers. Maybe you could tear one of these speakers apart and use its element to repair the nebulizer.

I might add that crystals are pretty tough. Unless actually broken or cracked, they'll continue to function. Their just pieces of rock, after all. You might want to check the electronic circuitry "driving" the oscillations of the crystal. You could hook up one of the miniature speakers I mentioned above, attach it to the leads of the nebulizer's existing crystal and see if you can hear or feel anything.

Take care about shock hazards.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back