Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Renewable Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe R&D

Hi,

Is there anybody out there who can tell me where can I get or buy a Permanent Magnet DC Motor which uses low power but gives a high Torque. I am doing this for the Rural Folk.

Thanks

Joe

A tiny electric motor driving 1000:1 reduction gear(s)? ;)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info but can you please be a bit more specific as You lost me there. Please help where I could buy the product and what is the brand name. I do believe that there are hundreds of models but which one is good and how is it conected. Thanks you answer is most appreciated.

For a specific motor or brand name you would probably need to define 'low power' and 'high torque'.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info but can you please be a bit more specific as You lost me there. Please help where I could buy the product and what is the brand name. I do believe that there are hundreds of models but which one is good and how is it conected. Thanks you answer is most appreciated.

I was making a joke, actually. Look up the definition of "horse power", which is the rate of doing work. Motors which take a small amount of electric power to operate also dont do much work. By using a gear train, you can get huge amounts of torque, but still do almost no work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back