Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remotely located thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronml

I have an electronic setback thermostat that I want to move to get it farther away from a heat source but I have no way of extending the actual wiring without major destruction of ceilings and walls. I want to move it about 15 to 20 feet directly across from the current wiring.

It seems to me that I should be able to move the thermostat, connect it to a simple transmitter, and connect the corresponding receiver across the wires that the thermostat was originally connected to.

I have an extra push button transmitter and receiver that was used for operating a garage door. By getting inside the push button transmitter, would I be able to connect the thermostat to work in the way I want, that is to make and maintain the connection at the receiver end when the thermostat calls for heat, and to break that connection when the thermostat stops calling for heat? If not, can someone suggest another simple type of remote switch?

Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back