Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Starter Triggering a Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlairdrie

I'm new at this and looking for some assistance.

I'd like to use the output of my remote starter to turn on an auxiliary heater in my truck. The heater is diesel and only requires power for the control circuit.

I'm planning on using the remote starter output "Trunk Open" function. When the remote is pressed the receiver in the vehicle momentarily (1/2-1 sec) closes the relay and provides "ground" (-12v) to the circuit.

The heater requires a continuous +12 to stay turned on, and the draw at 12v is approximately 25ma.

At minimum I want to switch the heater on.

It would be beneficial to be able to turn the heater off (remove the +12v) using the same output.

At best I would like to add the ability to run the heater for 60 minutes and then have it shut off.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back