Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Woods

Anyone good with troubleshooting remote start on a 2002 Buick. Everytime we try remote starting the car it sets off the alarm.

What does the fob look like? Have you taken it apart?

Anyone good with troubleshooting remote start on a 2002 Buick. Everytime we try remote starting the car it sets off the alarm.
Use a different frequency than the alarm!!!....

My guess is the rubber membrane used for the buttons is stuck so that any movement causes it to trip the alarm.

Did not try taking it apart(the Fob). If we leave the key in the ignition it will start the car. If we lock it manually and leave the key in the ignition it will sound the alarm.

Did not try taking it apart(the Fob). If we leave the key in the ignition it will start the car. If we lock it manually and leave the key in the ignition it will sound the alarm.

It actually seems "Normal". My parents have a 2000 Chev without remote start and it does weird things like that, but it does not have remote start. I'm not sure what the sequence of events are, but i don't think it likes being unlocked from the inside when it was locked from the outside.

This occurs when I leave mom in the car and lock the car door from the outside and she unlocks it from the inside, I think.

e.g. Someone trying to steal the car by activating the interior locks with a coat hanger.

and

If the key is in the ignition and the interior lock button is pressed, the doors will unlock.

KeepItSimpleStupid, So if this RFiD gizmo is there it will cause the remote to act like this? It is a non factory remote starter. Is there a way to remove this gizmo without affecting the functions of the remote start?

Since this is a 2002 Buick, it MAY have been equipped with VATS. This just embeds a resistor in the key, so it's not RFID.
The key is easy to identify.
https://automotiveandcommerciallocksmith.blogspot.com/2014/10/vats-system-chart.html

Here https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/f...installing-alarm-turbotimer-39807/index2.html is a tiny blurb on RFID systems. The key heads are typically bigger and each key is serialized. The car ECM needs to be programmed to "accept" the key. In one of my vehicles, you can use the car to program the key.

This https://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?1304 looks like a brief blurb of the systems.

So, there's a lot of questions,
We know the vehicle.
It's an after-market remote start.
It COULD have some sort of anti-theft system.

Did it ever work?

"Key in ignition" MIGHT be a signal used in the anti-theft system.

what you have is the remote starter sends 12v to the 3 ignition wires for the car to start.I think that the bypass modules is not working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back