Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpeetee

Hi, my daughter & friend do the club circuit usual set up radio mikes, reverb unit, multi channel mixer, PA speakers.

In an ideal world I would have the mixer at the far end of the room so I could hear the sound, at it is in reality, I'm usually at the side of the stage and often behind the speakers.

Remote control of the levels comes to mind, also, do I need a big mixer when there is only two vocals and a stereo input from the PC for backing (I use a standalone reverb unit) so that needs a channel.

Remote from the rear of a hall, any one got sensible ideas, TV remote spring to mind and poss a radio link rather than IR

Pete

Since you have so few inputs it would be much easier to just use longer cables. Thats how the pros do it.

You use what's called a 'snake' to run XLR leads from the stage back to where the mixer, and the sound engineer, is.

They are available quite cheaply - and for radio mikes presumably just put the receivers with the mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back