Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussF

I am not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will give it a try anyway. Years ago an electrician installed a fan/light in our livingroom and hardwired it without attaching a switch........it just operated by remote only. Anyway, over a period of time the dogs ate that first remote. The problem is that we cannot reverse the direction of the fan. We did get another remote from Hampton Bay to operate the fan light, but the paper work is gone. Anyone got any ideas on how to reprogram this remote to change the direction of the fan?

Model number: UR8050T

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

I would think you'ed have to call Hampton Bay and see if they can help you.

Is it even possible to change the direction of the fan without the remote? I've never had a remote controlled fan, but I'd imgine its like a newer TV, where you need the remote to access half the features it has.

What happened to the paperwork? Did the new remote not come with any information?

The paperwork got thrown away at some point............no, there is no switch on the fan unit to change the direction. Well the remote has been here a while, but no one bothered to read on that part of the directions.....I came after the fact. I will try making the call to the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back