Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote for bedroom light +- Dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinmarais

Hi everyone.I want to build a remote and receiver unit for the bedroom light. I have seen one that controles both the Light and Dimmer and opened t up ... VERY simple. It uses 3 Resistors, 8 diodes, 1 transistor, 5 capacitors and a variable cap. the only problem... The ? "IC" on the back of the board is one of those black "blobs" made in the factory. I have no idea how to recreate this project for my own house. Can anyone please help (NB We use 220V in South Africa).

I Found a diagram which claims to be very easy... radio remote control RC using DTMF circuit diagram. Any comments anyone?

Hi Colin,
That circuit and its parts are extremely old. Most circuits on that site are very old.

DTMF (Dual Tone Multi Frequency touch-tones for telephones) was used for remote control in the early 80's.

The remote light dimmers most I have seen is done with micro controllers.Because to decode a signal & the phase control part is done by a micro controller.

If you are familiar with micros I can provide some links.The data transfer method used was infrared.

Thanks guys. Anyting will be helpful. I am inexperienced but willing to give anything a go. I basically need 2 opperations. Light on and off. The dimmer i7 opt4onal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back