Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote controlled Switch board

Status
Not open for further replies.

asif.uit

I want to design a switch board of multiple switch controlled by a remote(tv or cd player remote)... Suppose i press 1 then it ON/OFF the No.1 switch(ex. fan) or when i press 2 it ON/OFF light and so on for tv, radio etc... Please help me to do so.....

Last edited:
First, edit your post and remove your email address. Spybots will find it and SPAM you. :(

Second, the idea of forums is to have answers posted here so others can benefit from the information now and in the future. :)

Ken

Well, there are multiple modules available on the market already at considerably low prices. For example, I've heard very good things about the X10 Remote Control module. I actually picked up a generic version of this at my local Hardware store.

But, if you insist on building one, there are many options to consider. You can use anything from IR emitting diodes and receivers, or possibly even photocells and a laser pointer.

However, I would personally utilize an open-source micro controller, being the Arduino whiz that I am.

You have to experiment around, and find what works for you.

If everyone else does all of the thinking for you, that takes the fun out of it.

Last edited:
Here are schematics and PCB layout for 4-channel remote relay IR-control.

I don't know if the kit is still available.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 4_CHANNEL_RELAY_DRI&.pdf
    137.1 KB · Views: 270
Thank you

Here are schematics and PCB layout for 4-channel remote relay IR-control.

I don't know if the kit is still available.

Boncuk

Thank you Boncuk for helping me....
Can u give me some more idea for controlling at least 8 to 10 switches??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back