Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote controlled rf robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijitizer

hello
i am beginner for dis robotics i want to build one robot which is RF remote controlled and robot should itself avoid obstacles when not controlled by remote, one of my guide said to use 89c51 microcontroller for stepper motor control.which microcontroller can i use for transmitter part and how should i program it can anyone help me on dis plz:)

hey,

How experienced are you with programming? If you have never done it before i would recomend something easier.

All the best

And i like to make think like this..
I study in tech high school..
In mpasm.. before about 30 days, i write my first program for pic16f84..
Now i am starting with learning hi tech c..
I am interesting for using the OSCAR ( the satellites ) like repeater between the pc and the robot.. did i must pay for using the satellites.. something like membership .. or the satellites are free to use?
Btw, sorry for my poor english .. i am from macedonia :)

OSCAR satelites

What about OSCAR? Did i need to open new topic for that :D?

OSCAR (Orbiting Sats Carrying Amateur Radio) sats are Ham Radio sats and thus require an Amateur Radio license to use.

Amateur radio license from my country ( macedonia ) or..?

Amateur licence from anywhere (assuming it covers this usage), but amateur satellites aren't geostationary (at least not last time I heard), you can only use them for a fairly short time as they pass over head, and it's best to track them as well.

Probably not in a robot forum, as they aren't for data use, just voice.

Using a satellite sounds a really silly and impractical idea.

Robot that i want to build is for..exploration... using it at very distance places on the earth from the control pc.. where probably is not any gsm signal.. for this i don`t know what to use except sats.. if the sats are inaccessible to me, i will make robot for some other uses :)
Now i am just examine the possibilities about that how robot i can build :)

Robot that i want to build is for..exploration... using it at very distance places on the earth from the control pc.. where probably is not any gsm signal.. for this i don`t know what to use except sats.. if the sats are inaccessible to me, i will make robot for some other uses :)
Now i am just examine the possibilities about that how robot i can build :)

Well you're not going to build any such device - unless you have a multi-million dollar budget (and probably multi in three or four figures).

But examine your requirement more sensibly - how is your robot going to get to where it explores? - it's not going to magically teleport there. So when you plant the robot, plant an earth station as well - with a radio link to the robot, and a satellite dish to a geostationary satellite internet service.

Not cheap - but a tiny fraction of the alternatives.

this is not easy task (ask NASA Mars exploration siteRover Sojourner) really mean serious.
This robot must be also independent when is out the reach remote control.
But for distance operation (when you cannot see robot) you need two way rf communication. If you can forget GSM network (I know Macedonia and know terrain also trouble with communication on RF), forget also OSCAR satellite, people tell you good, OSCAR are NOT geostationary satellite , for short communication need too complex antenna on booth side, control and robot too. not possible and yes valid license need(from Macedonian government of course) to use OSCAR , theoretic Geostationary satellite are possible, but first this is too much distance between Geostationary satellite and robot second, to use up link and very limited bandwidth on Transponder Geostationary satellite not free of charge, it is too much expensive for common people. Only using own relay station can be possible but cost and too much trouble. If you see NASA page , MERV-A and MERV-B have orbiter satellites but not in stationary orbit around Mars , rater in low orbit.
So make a robot long distance RF controlled look like hard task.
P.S. I give link to first one Mars robot almost like toy but this "toy" 11 kg weight( Description of the Rover Sojourner )are very expensive. MERV have almost same principle but they a bigger(180 kg ) , have direct RF communication to Earth control.But autonomous moving are taken from Russian Lunokhod(few hundred kilograms).
No joke, mean serious.
Sorry for my bad English.;)
Try replica of Sojourner or FIDO small or large (experimental project Cornell News: Students drive Mars rover)

Last thing is how to deploy robot, main problem is how to communicate with robot.
OSCAR satellite in low orbits are in use very short time + valid radio license for booth robot and control, on distance communication must be 2way . Geostationary satellite are too expensive , but there is are serious problem too far away from robot. Only ground network but if no GSM signal everything become more trouble. Private network cost too much. Maybe 2.4 GHz are good solution, no need license, but still expensive. And last ting but importance, energy source, communication need energy , electric motors need energy, what ever. See NASA web to see how "easy" even for NASA to send robot far a way. This is not a toy or easy electronic circuit diagram Rover Sojourner

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back