Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote controlled light switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

olaffo

hi there i'm new to forums and i would like to know if anyone here can help me.
i would like to build a remote control to turn my light switch on and off without getting up of bed :p i tried to find some similar project on the web but i couldn't find anything. if anyone can help me by telling me where i can find some schematics to build one, i would thank you very much

Last edited:
Remote switch

Search for the "Clapper". "Clap on, Clap off":D

Search for the "Clapper". "Clap on, Clap off":D

Can't believe there is nothing on the web, these gadgets have been around since I was a kid. There are $14.99 RF outlets at Walmart (well for Christmas lights). Unless you are looking for something more specific, should be something, keep searching. I know the clap circuit has been done to death. RF, much, much cheaper to buy off the shelf, unless you have some good test equipment already...

Speaking of the clapper circuit, I have found one on the net that I am currently doing right now.

https://www.electronicsforu.com/EFYLinux/circuit/may2003/ci4-clap.pdf

There's one error in that schematic that I fixed in my breadboard: Pin 13 of decade counter must be connected to ground (it is the ENABLE of the 4017).

The circuit works fine, but I am not contented with it's operation. I need to be, like, 4 inches close to the mic for the circuit to recognize my claps. How do I increase the gain significantly? I am new to audio engineering, so here are the options that I am seriously considering (pls comment about it):

1. Compute for the proper biasing of the microphone to provide a higher gain. Then connect a high pass filter after the collector output for the clapper to recognize the clap alone, and no other low hums or something.

2. Ask for your help regarding a low cost mic pre-amp circuit and put the same filter OR if there are any frequency selecting techniques in your circuit, I'm willing to learn it.

Of course #2 will be a big bonus, but I can mix up 1 and 2, e.g. a good pre-amp circuit and I'll be the one to decide what to do next. ;) The circuit will be placed on a very small room only. As much as possible, I like the circuit to run between 9V-12V. I tried 5V, but the mic loses sensitivity.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back