Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote controled car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bueskytten

Hi everyone

I'm a 17 year old high school student who likes to play with electronics in my spare time. My other projects have been fun, but small and kind of easy even for me, but now i want to make something bigger and more challenging. I have decided on a remote controlled toy car, build from scratch. But I'm having some trouble, so fare i think i have figured out the remote control transmitter and receiver, I have gone with radio signal, and for the buttons i have chosen capacitive touch sensors to make it a bit more fun. I have even found a good and easy to make dual motor driver, I will combine two of those drivers to make a quad motor driver.

But my problem is that know very little about motors so I have trouble finding the right ones. The motor driver can drive motors that can rotate either way and that I plan to use, but I'm having trouble finding motors DC motors that can rotate either way. I originally thought that all DC motors could rotate either way, it would just be a question of which way the power goes trough, but as i stated looking for the right motor they always had a rotation directions and that confused me.
So my question is:
Am I completely wrong or what?

Last edited:
I believe that the direction is given to show which way the motor will turn when the indicated polarity is provided. So if they labeled the terminals + and - and you give the correct polarity then it will rotate in that direction. I have not seen a motor that turns only one way.

Cheers,
StudentSA

I believe that the direction is given to show which way the motor will turn when the indicated polarity is provided. So if they labeled the terminals + and - and you give the correct polarity then it will rotate in that direction. I have not seen a motor that turns only one way.

Cheers,
StudentSA

That is correct. Any regular DC motor can go either way, depending on the polarity. My guess is that the motor driver does the polarity-switching itself, but not knowing exactly what you have, it is difficult to say for sure. The directional arrow only means if you connect +V to + and -V to - it will turn in that direction.
Der Strom

P.S. Welcome to ETO! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back