Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control to start recording audio in computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

I'm building a circuit where one person speaks and the computer records the voice.
I've the wireless microphone and a receiver. The idea is to record audio while the user is pressing a button. When the button is released, the recording stops.
I want to add the functionality to the microphone.
What kind of circuit can you suggest to perform that task?

So you mean to activate the recording only when a specific signal is present. That is the way I thought also. But the question is how to trigger that signal in the program. The computer is hearing to the remote mic, but the device has to produce a tone/signal to trigger the recording event. Some modifications need to be done to the audio transmitter, to send that signal.
If not, correct me.

Or maybe introducing to the circuit some modification to produce a specific tone when a button is pressed? I mean to add an extra audio signal (the tone) to the microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back