Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control ignition source

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi,
I have a mate who runs a small car show doing burnouts (Frying tyers)
We are thinking how to make it a bit more entertaining for the paying crowd as it get a bit boring the same thing over and over.

I came up with the idea where a person comes out with a really crappy car and cant do a burn out, he gets out hits and kicks the car then walks off and it bursts into flames. We both agree its a good idea as the fire dept are always on standby anyway.

How i wanted to do this (with some help) is

Place a container about 5Liters of petrol on the back seat,
Have 2 remote controls (**broken link removed**)
have a safety switch all connected to ignite the fuel at the right time.

How i have planned this is.
I and the host has a remote each on separate relays. The ignition source will have 3 relays inline, a normal switch on the boot lid which i will mount, this way the person driving when gets out of the car can do his show then as he walks off hits the boot and presses the button, this then allows me and the other person to press the remote button, they both have to be held down at the same time to ignite, this way i think its a safe way in case the button gets accidentally hit or someone sits on a remote or someone presses it not knowing.

I know how to wire all this up but need help with help on working on a ignition source, like a spark or something like that.

Hopefully someone can help.

Cheers

Spark plug seems to be a good Idea. Its not rocket science but hobby rocket igniter might come in handy. But you gotta add more safety features amigo. All of this sounds crazy.

Considering someone is sat in the car just beforehand I suggest you have a proper pyrotechnic controller/detonator, even a slight chance of it going off with the driver still in the car would be a disaster.
There is a pyro engineer who frequents this forum, he might be along soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back