Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckboy

First let me say I am not a circuits person. I have mechanical engineering degree and can comprehend pretty well but don't know much about electronics. So I'm here so I can get some help from those who do know somthing.

Here's my problem. I use dummy launchers to train my labs. They have a remote release that is controlled by a MODIFIED servo meaning I have removed the position feedback circuit and straight wired power to the motor. I only need to cycle the servo for a moment to trip the release. I have remote now that will do this. However, I would like to have a 2 channel receiver for each launcher so I can control two different funtions per launcher. I have 4 launchers total so I would need 4 separate receivers with 2 channels each. I also want to control all 4 receivers/8 channels with a single hand held push button remote. I have scoured the internet looking for this but have not found exctly what I need. I have found 8 channel remotes that I like. I have also found 2 channel receivers with relays that should work for my application. They are all the same frequency so my guess is they should work together but somehow I don't think it is that simple. One of the questions I have is how do you get transmitters and receivers to work together? How can I get the desired channel to work with the desired button? If someone could explain that to me and maybe direct me to some 2 channel circuit boards with relays that would be great. I would also take any suggestions on hand held remotes. I can put the receiver and battery in a box if I can just figure how to make this work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back