Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control car

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriscrash4x4

Hi, I bought a remote control car, the remote takes 2 AA's and the car takes
2 AA's...I wanted to beef it up so i put a 9V in the car it fit right in but
the car is jerky forward and reverse kinda jumps eventually gets top speed
and the front wheels jump right to left when you turn why is this happening?
why dosent it just go faster?

The radio receiver in the car is designed for 3V. You fed it 3 times more voltage so no wonder it doesn't work properly.

A 9V battery has hardly any power. AA cells provide 5 times as much current.

guess i should have said what can i do to make it run ok at 9V
i want to use a 9V because the car goes alot faster and thats all i want
if i have to add another part id like to know what it is

You would have to add a voltage regulator to keep the reciver circuitry at 3v and only supply the motors with 9v.

But really, the motors may or may not be able to take the higher voltage and may burn out in short order.

There must be some servos or somthing for steering, I can't imagine those are enjoying the higher voltage either.

Its probably going to be easier to buy a faster rc car then to modify the one you have.

I bought a cheap RC car to see what makes it tick and to use for other purposes. The chips are Silan Semiconductors TX-2B and RX-2B. The I/O are fwd, rev, left, right and turbo. My little car doesn’t use the turbo but it is there. If your car uses that chip set, you could let turbo operate a DPDT relay that could switch to a different bank of batteries just to that motor in forward.

RC car

good idea, but mine is not made by the same company, i looked at mine
its like 2 chips for the front drive 2 chips for the rear drive.
i have 2 of these cars one board model says RX237AS and the other
RX241A this one looks alot newer style.

kriscrash4x4 said:
Hi, I bought a remote control car, the remote takes 2 AA's and the car takes
2 AA's...I wanted to beef it up so i put a 9V in the car it fit right in but
the car is jerky forward and reverse kinda jumps eventually gets top speed
and the front wheels jump right to left when you turn why is this happening?
why dosent it just go faster?

Does the car still work?

:)

Come on people, only use the red square for bad posts not reasonable ones!

How does he know the red square was for this thread? Not sure how the scoring goes, but believe it takes more than one negitive feedback. Maybe Krumilink/Souperman/ect... can explain it better. Personally, I'm not too concerned about the status of my square. I have an opinion, so does everyone else. Sometimes, I do go a little to far, but for the most part I try to be civil and respectful of others (can be tough at times).

If you click on the reputation received, it will take you to the appropriate post.

I've had negitive reputation on another forum from some members but it didn't bother me much as I recieved more positive than negitive reputation and my square stayed in the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back