Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote contol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilthorat

hello everyone...
i have just joined the group...
i'm very much interested in electronics field...

i want to make an electronic device(remote controller) that contols the speed of ceiling fan.
so plz give me guidelines for this...
tell me what mechanism can be used for this?

sunilthorat, what books have you studied? What kind of knowledge do you have about electronics already?

remote contol!

It's possible using HOLTEK HT12A/B IR encoder/decoder chips. Gives 4 channel output for four different speeds.

sunilthorat, what books have you studied? What kind of knowledge do you have about electronics already?

now i'm studying in second year E & TC engg. i hav studied abt transmitter and receivers. i hav also made a robot of line follower few days ago.

actually i i just thought to make it(remote controller of fan). i want to know how can it be constructed?

It's possible using HOLTEK HT12A/B IR encoder/decoder chips. Gives 4 channel output for four different speeds.

can u explain it in detail ...plz. i'm the begginer..studying in second year in electronics engg.
may i get HOLTEK HT12A/B IR encoder/decoder chips from electronics shop?
or at least tell me its mechanism.

After you forumlicker, how would you use the encoder/decoder you suggested?

After you forumlicker, how would you use the encoder/decoder you suggested?
Hi SC, HOLTEK IC's are used commonly in commercial appliances for a variety of applications that requires n-channel remote controlled operations.This doesn't seem to be a simple project for an electronics newbie but surely a good learning project, sunilthorat. Try it! It uses HT12E/D pair.

You should choose the light dimmer output for controlling the fan. Other one is used for inductive loads such as fluorescent lamps.

**broken link removed**

Datasheets:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back