Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote car transmitter/receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

I just got a remote start/alarm for my car. I got one that has 2-way paging, it is awsome.

I was thinking about trying to design a transmitter/receiver so that when I get within 3 feet of the car, my doors would automatically unlock. Then once I get in the car, all I have to do is push a button to start and be able to drive it (Steering and transmission shifter lock disabled).

I was thinking about having a transmitter inside the car that is constantly sending out a signal. Then have a key FOB (the little remote thing) in my pocket, that once it heard this signal, would transmit a response. Once the car hears this response the doors will unlock, and the push button to start/drive it would be activated.

This is my first attempt at a radio transmitter project, so be be nice to me :) .

lol pretty cool idea i must say. Why have the car transmit a signal for. I would just have it as a reciever and have the remote alwayz putting out a signal, so when you walk near your car it would unlock etc.

At first I thought of having the remote do the transmitting, but it would be running off limited batteries. (a 3V button cell, ect) and if it was constantly transmitting, it would drain the battery quite quickly. Now if I use the car battery to do the continuous transmitting, it will recharge every time I start the car.

It would be simpler to have the remote do the transmitting, but in the long run it should save me some cost on battery replacement. :)

Oh, and I cant say this is my own idea, the new Z06 Corvette already has this feature :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back