Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relays in series

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

If I connect two or more relays in series, will the stand off voltage for the whole be close to the sum of the individual stand off voltages? The switching voltage doesn't have to change, it's the stand off voltage that matters.

If I connect two or more relays in series, will the stand off voltage for the whole be close to the sum of the individual stand off voltages? The switching voltage doesn't have to change, it's the stand off voltage that matters.

hi throb,

Are the relays the same coil voltage and resistance.?

Thanks Eric, they are, yes, but I actually meant connecting the contacts in series!

I think the standoff would be close to the sum, but it you ever close one without the other, depending on current, you might have a spark gap in the open relay that will destroy it pretty quick.

That's what I thought - just needed to hear it from someone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back