Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relays and contactors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dussgirl

I am building a circuit that turns on 3 solenoid valves via switches. The solenoid valves will be controlled individually. I have 3 individual switches and 3 relays. the power for the solenoid valves is 28vdc. When the valves receive power they are open and when no power is supplied they are closed. The problem i'm having is i have another piece of equipment(crank rinse) that while in use the valves need to be in the off position (can't be running). How to you shut off the solenoid valves when the other equipment (crank rinse) is operating? I was thinking about using a set of contactors but i'm not sure how it looks on a schematic.

Shut off the valve's power supply when the rinse is running. Presumably, you could wire a relay coil in parallel with the rinse pump/motor. Use a normally-closed contact on that relay to interrupt power going to the valves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back