Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjaytank

I have a pir which detects human body. Once detected I want to Trigger
the Siren. Now this PIR is operated on 12volt DC Pencil Cell.
My siren is 220Volt AC
How can i design a circuit using Relays.

I have a pir which detects human body. Once detected I want to Trigger
the Siren. Now this PIR is operated on 12volt DC Pencil Cell.
My siren is 220Volt AC
How can i design a circuit using Relays.

hi,
What is the output signal from the PIR.?

Most PIRs have a N.C. output becoming o/c when triggered. The higher quality ones will have either a changeover contact or both N.O and N.C contacts. Either way you will need a relay (or electronic)interface if you are going to be using a 240V siren. Why not play safe & use a 12V siren? The other thing to consider is that the PIR only o/ps when it detects movement from one detection area moving to an adjacent detection area as defined by the type of lens. This will result in the siren sounding in very short bursts in time with the movement detected. You will need a latching cct for continuous operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back