Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
What common electronic device has a DPDT 5v Relay in it?

Define common. I would opine that few common consumer devices today would include a a 5vdc DPDT relay as there are cheaper and smaller switching methods available. But again it depends on your definition of common.

Lefty

Define common. I would opine that few common consumer devices today would include a a 5vdc DPDT relay as there are cheaper and smaller switching methods available. But again it depends on your definition of common.

Lefty

with common i meant electronics that are easy to find.
relay doesn't have to be 5v it can be smaller or bigger but it cant be bigger than 12v

Last edited:
A relay contains a coil, a piece of iron, a spring and contactors. So the entire thing is an electronic device.

Removing one of the parts it isn't an electronic device anymore.

Nothing to reuse in it.

I can't think of any except AVR but is uses bigger relays, you can just buy it, its easier;)

I have pulled many small relays out of TVs. Other then that I can't think of any household electronics that would for sure contain relays. I have 100's of small relays around, but almost all have come out of salvaged industrial machinery control boards.

I have pulled many small relays out of TVs. Other then that I can't think of any household electronics that would for sure contain relays. I have 100's of small relays around, but almost all have come out of salvaged industrial machinery control boards.

What are those industrial machinery??

What are those industrial machinery??

Nothing your likely to have around your home. Why not just buy a relay? They are quite inexpensive. They can be a pain to de-solder anyway.

Last edited:
why you need it???
Latvia

The reason Eric asked your location is quite simple:
1. Some countries have a number of electronic stores, which could have been suggested by someone (a fellow Latvian for example) more familiar with them.
2. As Eric states, if you were in the same country he would have sent you some relays. Some members have small surplus items that they have no problem donating to others. ;)
3. You never know, there may just be another member close by to where you live, who would be quite happy to help you out with a problem. I recall that both Eric & Nigel have helped out Big Al Scorpio with an oscilloscope problem.

Why members omit to fill out the basic profile info is beyond me. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back