Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew8485

Hello, does anyone know if jamaco sells a relay off hand that can handleup to 15V, no more then 30A ( will never be this high) contact current but to activate it (i think this is called coil amp?) I will only need a small amout of current less than .5A (less is better). thanks

I checked the datasheet, and I believe **broken link removed** is spec'ed to work with your load, so long as it is resistive. I believe you can drive an inductive load as long as you connect a BIG snubber (flyback) diode, reverse biased, across the load. The coil current will be about 150ma@12 volts. You should also have a snubber diode such as 1N4001, reverse biased, across the coil. You can power the coil with up to about 15 volts without damage.
What is your load?

BTW, it would behoove you to check your spelling when you mention a vendor's name. If I hadn't known of Jameco (which you spelled Jamaco), I would not have been able to help. If you really intended to say Jamaco - never mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back