Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Mark,
I think a diagram would help you best, look at this image.:)

View attachment 38780

Hi Eric

Fitted and sorted, both coils intact I get around 9v on the relay coil but operates this is due to me turning down the rheostat,,,,and as expected on the other coil.;)

Once again thanks for the help. BTW. your box of goodies keep on helping me out,, cheers:)

Regards

Last edited:
Have a question about Relays:
I have seen that relays with Low resistance draw more current,
and relays with high resistance draw less current;

If the source voltage cannot provide a sufficient(big) current, all of us incline to use a High resistance relay, because it draws low current.
If high resistance relays draw less current then why cant we use it for all applications? Why do we require Low resistance relays?

If i have a 5V (1A) Source, i can use any of these relays;

Attachments

• relay.JPG
    relay.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back