Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali

Hello Every one,
can any one give the link to relay tutorial in application point of view. i know theory that a Relay is used with a small current to drive another circuit with larger current but how to use it with it.? videos would be appreciable. also please tell me that we are using relay as a switch so why can't we use Transistor as a switch instead of relay. is there any differance in the use of both Transistor and relay. what i think is the transistor handles the signal with electrical signal whereas the Relay handle it with magnet. please help me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Every one,
can any one give the link to relay tutorial in application point of view. i know theory that a Relay is used with a small current to drive another circuit with larger current but how to use it with it.? videos would be appreciable. also please tell me that we are using relay as a switch so why can't we use Transistor as a switch instead of relay. is there any differance in the use of both Transistor and relay. what i think is the transistor handles the signal with electrical signal whereas the Relay handle it with magnet. please help me.

Thanks

hi,
Look at this pdf and Search Google fot this: panasonic.com/pcsd/tech_info/pdf/rti.pdf

Attachments

• relay[1]..pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Good link Eric... To get a semiconductor device or devices that can handle 6600 watts would cost sooo much more money.

Last edited:
Hey! Thanks Eric. but i think you did not understand my point. i know the terminology of Relay. OK let me clear my point. My point is what is the purpose of a relay? do we just switch a relay t switch another circuit?(i mean we power the coil and the coil creates electromagnetism to make contact for other circuit). we can do the some job without Relay by simply using an ordinary mechanical switch. or please Explain me the purpose of the Relay But give some Applications of Relay with simple circuits diagrams which i can design and understand a relay Fully.

Thanks

Hey! Thanks Eric. but i think you did not understand my point. i know the terminology of Relay. OK let me clear my point. My point is what is the purpose of a relay? do we just switch a relay t switch another circuit?(i mean we power the coil and the coil creates electromagnetism to make contact for other circuit). we can do the some job without Relay by simply using an ordinary mechanical switch. or please Explain me the purpose of the Relay But give some Applications of Relay with simple circuits diagrams which i can design and understand a relay Fully.

Thanks

hi,
As canadaelk says, isolation is one feature.

This paragraph from the pdf I posted says it all.

AAesp07..gif

I would suggest you Google for relay applications :)

Example:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...t&rls=com.yahoo:en-GB:official&client=firefox

How to choose the relay.
https://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2774

Last edited:
A relay can enable anoher electronic circuit such as a microcontroller, to control high powered devices which it cannot control directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back