Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay switching keyboard key (how to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCarpenters

trying to mod my pc keyboard,

all i want is to connect the upper n lower contacts of my pc keyboard using a relay..

I built a circuit where;
trigger/switch -> relay (spdt) -> connect both contact of the keyboard

the problem is the relay switched/working according to the trigger but the contact is not connect..
is it bcos the current is not enough or the period of the contact is not sufficient to strike the keyboard?

i hope sifu here can understand, TQ in advance.. :D

first get a continuity tester and unplug the keyboard from the computer. then place each probe on each of the pads and switch the relay. you should see 0 ohms and you may hear a beep/see a lit lamp. otherwise check your connections

:)
i already test the relay circuit with 'LED from other volt'.. the relay works/flashes according to the trigger/switch..
but when i connect to the keyboard contact, it doesn't strike a letter/key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back