Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etam

I'm having trouble with a set of relays that I bought. It is the small set that only has the two relays on the board. **broken link removed** .I've tried wiring them every way imaginable and they still won't work properly. The only way they will come on at all, is if I put my 5 VDC to the VCC terminal, and they will not actuate with the outputs from the controller. I've tried them with two different Arduino Uno's. I'm also not sure which is the proper placement for the jumper. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

A couple of things. You do need to supply +5 and Ground all of the time.

If you connect +5 to IN1 or IN2 the corresponding LED for the relay should come on.

There is no jumper in the schematic or the board, but there is a fuse.

These relays when used with a load, must have a minimum load attached and are only good to switch AC voltages.

The other real issue is that these relays are active high. The datasheet says the voltage on the IN pin must be between 2.5 and 20 V. What the specs don't say is how much current you have to supply.

So, you do need to check the voltage at your port when it's expected to be ON, with and without the relay being connected.

Thank you for replying so quickly. I will pay attention to what you said and figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back