Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay Output Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_froslie

Hi, I'm trying to get a relay output board with 4 high current relays working with a BS2 or Atmel. I am fine with the micro-controllers, but don't completely understand this interface board. I ordred the board from Futurlec and it has limited documentation: https://www.futurlec.com/Relay_4.shtml

I'm wondering if anyone has used this and could give me a suggestion for the hookup?

thanks so much! I know this is a super novice question..

P_froslie said:
Hi, I'm trying to get a relay output board with 4 high current relays working with a BS2 or Atmel. I am fine with the micro-controllers, but don't completely understand this interface board. I ordred the board from Futurlec and it has limited documentation: https://www.futurlec.com/Relay_4.shtml

I'm wondering if anyone has used this and could give me a suggestion for the hookup?

thanks so much! I know this is a super novice question..

Hi,
I have looked at the link, it must have come with more info than shown in the picture.
What documentation do you have? could you post it?

From the picture is looks a simple set up?

it is a pretty simple set up. Only, it does not seem to respond as I assume it should work. Here is the diagram that came along with it:

thanks

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 223
On the outputs, #2 is common and normally connected to #1. When energized, #2 is connected to #3.
It looks like a logic 1 (+5 v) on P0 input terminal will turn on out 1. P1 to out2, P2 to out3, P3 to out4

Well, i think I've that solved that problem. I believe it is probably my lack of experience with relays now.

I'm able to send a H through to the relay switching it to either side - one is always connected and the other is connected with +5

I'm trying to control a small DC motor inside of a liquid transfer pump (one used for fuel movement into and out of hobby planes). My hook-up to the motor keeps causing me trouble. The board has a terminal with three access points for each relay. It also has four solder points between the relay and terminal on the PCB - I am not connecting anything there. It seems that if +V is on 1 and ground is on 2 in the middle- it connects and pulls power from the wall-wart when high. My problem (I think):

when I connect the pump.. it seems the motor just shorts the relay terminals together every way I connect it.

I'm thinking of moving over and trying a sn754410. I will probably start a new thread for that if so, because I am not sure how to create the connection to my micro-controller. Thanks for the help!

Connect your motor ground to the wall wart. Connect your wall wart +V to #2 common. Connect your motor +V to #3.

great, thanks ClydeCrashKop! That works well.

I'm curious: is there a simple addition to this that will allow me to reverse the direction of the motor?

Try this. Motor won't run if both are not on or off.

Attachments

• Relay board.jpg
    Relay board.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
You may find this one better.

Attachments

• Relay board 2.jpg
    Relay board 2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.